Friday, March 12, 2010

Written Upon The Heart


1979 I took a pocket knife and carved on the side of our door jambpost the date March 11, 1979. Dad would have killed me. At the time I wondered what I would be doing in 10 years as I reflected on that date. Here it is 30 years later and I remember that thought and it's still etched on the jambpost.
1984 I had a class in high school learning how to program in Basic language. I have a print out of a program that shows Mike and Barb 10-11-84.
1985 while Darren and I are hunting we decided to carve our girlfriends names on a tree surrounded with a heart. Both of them now our wives.
The software application that I work in is shown throughout the nation at Home Depot and Lowe's stores. In that application I have Emily's and Andrew's names that a customer can see to choose the font that they want to write upon their door.
As I think about all these different events at a point in time I can't but help to think of God's Word about what He has written upon His heart. He has our names written down in a book, called the Book of Life for those of us that have asked Him to save us.
As I've recorded special events, God too has special events recorded. One of these days in heaven He'll remind us of those events. I always wonder how that will be? Will we sit with God as He flips through the scrapbook of our life? I pray that there will be many times that God will be pleased with my heart, my thoughts and my actions throughout my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment