Thursday, March 11, 2010

Making Dreams Come True



"The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up!"

God has given us the ability to do so many things. But what causes us not to do them? Are we talked out of them? Do we look at the end result and say, "Wow, I don't know how I'm ever going to get there, I'll do something else."

There are so many things that I would love to do and one of them is that I would love to be a cartoonist. I enjoy looking at life and coming up with witty sayings or a twist of words on an event. The problem is though I cannot draw, so this year I plan to learn to draw and start on my project cartooning some of my thoughts. In effect I'm going to wake up and start doing it.

I'm reminded in the Bible in Acts 12:12 about a guy named John Mark. He was Barnabas' cousin and went with him on Paul first missionary journey. But along that journey for some reason John Mark stopped going. We don't know what happened, but for some reason it made Paul mad. Barnabas wanted to give John Mark a second chance but Paul refused to do so insomuch that he and Barnabas separated themselves.

But John Mark evidentily woke up, because Paul in 2Tim 4:11 says to Timothy, "Take John Mark because he is profitable to me."

We may never see any cartoon drawings of John Mark, but we sure can read what the Holy Spirit gave him to write and that is.... the book of Mark.

Is there something that you desire to do, but have not done it? Wake up, because it's God that gives us the ability to do things. God has a promise in Psalm 34:7. Desire in Him and He will give you the desires of your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment