Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I am stuck on you, O Lord



Psalms 119:31 I have stuck unto thy testimonies: O LORD, put me not to shame.




I was trying to memorize this verse and for some reason it was hard to memorize it. After a while the song popped in my head.... I am stuck on Band-Aids and Band-Aids are stuck on me. It's amazing what sticks in our mind over the years and what doesn't stick in 30 seconds. One of my earliest memories was when I was around 3 or 4 and I stuck a butter knife in the mayonaise jar, got a big g lob of white goo. It looked good and I took a taste. Not good as I thought, in fact my body agreed and decided to help me get rid of it. Not until my adult years did I learn to like mayonaise again.

God has giving us the ability to remember things and He wants us to fill our hearts and minds with thoughts about Him and His love towards us. God remembers and forgets too, although He forgets intentially. He remembers the love that we have toward Him and He forgets the sins that we ask forgiveness for.

That word stuck is the same as cling. Have you ever had someone get to close to you, being all clingy where you want to say, "Stop clinging on me!". God doesn't mind and He'll never let us down especially when we cling unto His testomonies.

I remember Andrew just loved Band-Aids. When he would get an ouwee he would want a band-aid. When we were building our chuch I would sometimes take Emily and Andrew with me and they were about 5 and 7. Pastor would always say that Andrew always knew where the band-aids were.

So lets stick unto God's Word because He is the greated healer of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment